Our animals have quite an appetite!
Did you know that 365 days per year, breakfast, lunch and dinner for the Zoo's animals consist of: leaf eater biscuits, horse/cattle meat, chicken hatchings, mice, rats, crickets, super worms, lake smelt, California sardines, herring, squid, capelin, romaine lettuce, oranges, apples, carrots, green beans, melons, tomatoes, celery, bananas, grapes, potatoes, kale, pears, plums, peppers, hay, alfalfa, timothy, orchard grass, and a variety of enrichment foods?
Approximately $1,200 per day is directly related to Lehigh Valley Zoo’s animal care.
By joining Lehigh Valley Zoo's Monthly Giving Program, you can help offset those costs by designating a set amount to be charged to your credit card. That makes this program the "greenest" way to donate, by eliminating checks and reducing administrative costs – so your donation goes even further in supporting our animals. Even a small amount every month can add up in a big way for the Zoo!
Benefits of the Zoo's Monthly Giving Program:
- It's convenient, efficient and 100% tax deductible.
- You'll receive special updates about the Zoo through our Zoo E-News.
- You'll receive a summary of your monthly donations at the end of the calendar year.
How to Participate:
Complete the Donor Credit Card Authorization Form then:
- Mail your completed authorization form to:
Lehigh Valley Zoo
5150 Game Preserve Road, P.O. Box 519
Schnecksville, PA 18078
- Fax the completed authorization form to: 610-799-4170
- Phone – GO GREEN! Call the Zoo today at 610-799-4171