- A cylindrical container, ideally with a removable plastic lid, such as a resealable can of nuts, coffee can, Pringles potato chip container, etc
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
- Yellow or orange construction paper
- With assistance from a grown-up, cut a coin slot in the plastic lid.
- Cut black construction paper and glue around the container.
- Cut out the body and glue on the front.
- Cut out the head, and glue the bottom edge along the top of the body.
- Cut out wings and attach to the sides of the penguin.
- Cut out the feet and attach to the bottom of the penguin.
- Cut out the beak and eyes, and glue on to your penguin's head.
- Save your coins!
Click Here for Lehigh Valley Zoo's Penguin Bank and Paper Bag Cut-Outs
Penguin Paper Bag Puppet
- Small paper bags
- Construction paper – black, white, orange or yellow
- Glue stick
- Color the bag black with crayons or markers.
- Fold the top of the bag over, this will be the penguin's head.
- Make a white “bib” cutout for the chest, two wings of black paper, and a yellow or orange beak.
- Cut out eyes and glue pieces to the bag.
These instructions are only guidelines, be creative and have fun as you personalize your penguin bank or paper bag puppet!